09 April, 2013

I am back, and going to Portland and LA

 Bagdad Theatre, Portland

Dear all

Sorry I have been absent from my blog for so long. The good news is that I finally submitted my thesis and it passed, so I am celebrating by going on a vintage-hunting trip to Portland and LA in April-May.

I have been wanting to go to Portland for ages, it looks like such an interesting, arty and creative place, and seems to have FANTASTIC vintage shops. And of course, one of my favourite bloggers, Solanah from Vintage Vixen lives there.

I will be taking my camera so will be doing quite a few posts about vintage shopping in the US. Let me know if there are any particular shops you would like me to visit.

Thanks for your patience, and I will catch up soon,

Maria, aka Vintage Suburbia

4 comments:

  1. wow, great. my future husbadn is from is seattle and he is a big fan of portland and vintage shopping in portland.

    i can't wait to do my vintage and thrift shopping a round seattle this summer. so excitited!

    good luck bargaining and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on submitting your thesis, you must be so pleased! Can't wait to see you photos from the US and the treasures you find, you have such a great eye for finding lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Dr!
    I, myself, am dying to go to Portland for the same reasons as you...there just seems to be so much vintage yumminess concentrated in one small area. It's probably a bit late, but Janey from Atomic Redhead is featuring quite a few vintage shops and sites around Portland at the moment.
    xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    My name is KC Owens, I’m a college student and I love to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. I have been to countries all over Europe with just my backpack and a camera. Since I am a college student and I have significant bills, it can be difficult to find ways to travel the world. However, I have done this several times, with less than ten pounds of luggage and while on a college dime!

    I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my tips and tricks with your readers. I put a lot of time into my traveling, it is my biggest passion and I would love to inspire others by sharing my stories, mistakes and triumphs. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Best,

    KC Owens

    ReplyDelete