24 February, 2011

Pink and white stripe pleats

I have been home all this week after I had a little knee procedure done last Friday (so sorry for delay in posting!).

I do jazz ballet (or should I say 'did' - that may have to be in past tense now!) - hence my bad knees. After asking how old I was (I will admit to being 'late 30's' to you all!) my doctor 'tsked tsked', shaking his head and said 'no more ballet!' so Natalie Portman can feel safe and secure - there will be no menacing 'Black Swan' pirouettes from me!
But I digress, although it has been fun to stay at home and catch up on some great films and read good books, it has been soooo depressing not to be able to go out in my fab vintage outfits. So it was great today to go out for a latte and get dressed up for a change. Unfortunately I had to go out with crutches, which did not really go with my outfit - but at least I was in a dress!
I looked at my wardrobe last week and thought 'I really need to have a big cleanout and sell some of these dresses on ebay' (I really do have too many clothes). From time to time I have these brilliant bursts of thought and then I try some of the said dresses on and think 'no! I can't possibly part with this!'. This is one of the dresses I was going to cull - it is actually not great to wear on a hot day as it is polyester and totally un-breathable (is that a word?). To be honest, the pleats also make my already generous butt look seriously huge (!), but it is very cute, so its staying put. Also, I just can't be bothered selling anything on ebay (I am a buyer through and through!)

I am not sure who I am trying to channel with my pose here - I look like I've swallowed a lemon! I would be terrible as a model! (don't worry, I am not going to give up my day job!)

Outfit details:
60's dress (I think?) ebay Australia about 5 years ago
white cotton cardigan David Lawrence - again many years ago
handbag vintage store in Northcote (Old Hat I think its called?)
earrings Sydney Vintage Clothing fair (they are great, but they hurt like hell!)

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous frock. Hope you can walk on tippy toes again soon! jx PS i have several treasures from Old Hat in northcote. can always find something delightful there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. charming frock ! Spring here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! Do you ever change your earrings from clip on to pierced? It's pretty easy to do with supplies from any craft store. Perhaps you don't have pierced ears though. Anyway they are lovely even if they hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can make slight adjustments to clip earrings at the hinge. 1mm or 2mm can make a huge difference to your comfort levels. You can bring them to me at the market and I will do it for you if you like.

    ReplyDelete